Following the Annual General Meeting held on Monday 20th May 2019, the Society has released its Programme of Events for 2019/20. The meetings resume on Monday 16th September 2019 with an illustrated talk entitled ‘On the Way to London’ by David Ella on the coaching routes across the North Cotswolds, through Broadway and the Vale of Evesham.
David’s talk will start at 7pm on the 16th September and will be held in the Lifford Memorial Hall, Lower Green, Broadway.
For further information about the 2019/20 programme of events and talks visit www.broadwayhistorysociety.wordpress.com
Inaugurated in June 2015, Broadway History Society has been set up to:
- Promote the understanding of and study the history of the village of Broadway, in the county of Worcestershire.
- Arrange meetings, walking tours, talks and other events on a broad ‘history’ theme to include visits to local historical building or sites.
- To provide a forum for the reporting, debate and discussion of issues relating to Broadway’s history and to share knowledge of the community and local area.
- To be an educational and non-profit making society.
Membership is open to all (individual £10 p.a., joint £15). For more details please contact Mary Smith (Hon. Treasurer) tel. 01386 853278.
Meetings will take place in 2015/16 on the following dates:
- Monday 21st September, 7pm in Broadway Methodist Church Hall, an illustrated talk by Gordon Franks ‘The Centenary of the Lifford Hall’.
- Monday 19th October, 7pm in Broadway Methodist Church Hall, an illustrated talk by Sarah McCormick Healy ‘Arts & Crafts in the Cotswolds’.
- Monday 16th November, 7pm in The Community Room, The Court, Russell Square, Broadway, a talk by Jon Goldswain on ‘Elgar from Cradle to Grave’.
- Monday 14th December , 7pm at The Court, High Street, Broadway. Christmas drinks and a talk by Michael de Navarro on ‘Mary Anderson de Navarro’.
- Monday 18th January 2016, 7pm in Broadway Methodist Church Hall, at talk by Graham Downie on ”The Fairground Calendar’.
- Monday 15th February, TBA.
- Monday 21st March, TBA.
- Monday 18th April, 7pm, venue to be confirmed. A talk by Liz Eyre on the Lygon Arms Hotel,
- Monday 16th May. Annual General Meeting.